The GMP is an independent group founded by friends, allies & alumni of Georgetown University, aligned with the Georgetown slaves and their living descendants.
The GMP is guided by the Jesuit philosophy of magis (doing more), and committed to the ideals of Truth, Reconciliation & Reunion
Our mission has four parts:
- Identify the people sold in 1838.
- Locate their living descendants.
- Acknowledge them as members of the Georgetown family.
- Honor their sacrifice & legacy.
GMP will sponsor and support:
- Original research & oral histories
- Articles, books & documentaries
- Academic scholarships
- Educational programs & events
For more information, please contact: